Thursday, April 12, 2007

Day 12: The Paint Job Begins

Not much to say about this part other than the fact that I applied three coats of a white oil-based primer to the entire cabinet. I waited a minimum of 24 hours between each coat and I sanded in between using 220 grit sandpaper. I used a high-quality foam roller to apply the paint on the large surfaces and a foam brush to get into the corners. It was a tedious process and it is actually quite difficult to get a smooth even coat of paint - I guess I should learn how to use a spray gun. The sandpaper did a pretty nice job of evening everything out though. I don't have any pictures of the all white cabinet, unfortunately but you can use your imagination. The real fun will begin once I start adding the colored top coats.

The plan is to paint any surface black that is visible on the outside that faces the interior and to paint the two side panels, the coin door panel, the top panel and the back panel pink. I can't wait!

Thanks for looking!!

No comments: