Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Display Problems

Ack! For the past week or so I've been trying to configure the software and get everything running properly on the computer. There is a TON of work involved because I basically have to manually go through 6,000+ games that I have and figure out which ones are displayed vertically and which ones work. I loaded up a few games I knew I wanted on there - just the basics - Pac-man, Donkey Kong, Mr. Do!, Super Pac-man (pictured), Frogger, etc. and they are not displaying to the edge of the screen or in the correct aspect ratio (they look squashed). There is about 2" lost on the top and bottom and about 0.75" on the sides and I'm not sure how to fix it. Check it out:

I know... it doesn't look that bad from the pictures but I assure you that it is quite annoying when I'm playing. If I can't resolve this issue I guess I could always cut the cardboard bezel to frame the area of the monitor that actually displays but that would be a last resort. I'm probably going to need some tech support once I really dive into the software configuration and am ready to finish this thing...

Thanks for looking!!

No comments: