There's not much to say here other than to show before and after shots and maybe a brief explanation of what I did. It's really as easy as applying a sticker. Here goes:
- Clean each button with some rubbing alcohol and a q-tip. Blow it dry. A super-clean surface is essential.
- Cut out each decal as oversized as possible. The decals are small and if you have giant hands like me you want to be able to be precise with the placement.
- Peel the paper backing off the vinyl decals leaving a clear plastic film and the vinyl decal (it's sticky on the bottom, duh)
- Line it up and apply the decal to the button - be careful - you only get one shot!
- Using something like your fingernail, rub over the vinyl decal to make sure it is securely in place.
- Remove the clear plastic film leaving the vinyl decal on the button!
The decals are "Exit" to the far left for exiting out of the current game you are playing and back to the list, the single female icon for the "Player 1 Start" button, the double female icon for the "Player 2 Start" button and "Pause" for, um... pausing the game.
I have an additional decal that says "Launch Game" which is in the shape of a semi-circle which was made to go directly on the control panel above the "Player 1 Start" button. The reason for this is that when you are browsing the game list from the front end, the "Player 1 Start" button doubles as the "Launch Game" button. I'm not sure if I need it though which is why I haven't put it on yet. Start is start, right? Are people honestly not going to be able to figure it out?
Big thanks to Pongo over at BYOAC for printing up the decals for me!
I'm getting closer...
- Pink Plexiglass Dustwasher
- Relocate Power Button
- Coin Box
- Software Configuration Tweaks