Monday, December 11, 2006

Status, Problems and To Do List

Status: I got a little bit of free time over the weekend to continue working on my arcade cabinet. I spent about an hour and a half making some cuts to the control panel and cutting the bezel panel and fitting it into place. I will post photos and describe the process in a later post.

Problems: I did figure something out though - I am having a very hard time finishing the cabinet portion and getting everything ready for paint. The main problem is the control panel - I can't seem to figure out how the front piece of the control panel should connect with the rest of the cabinet. I also have to make sure it is removeable in case I need to do any maintenance in the future and I'm not quite sure how to accomplish this. The only thing I can think of is to cut the panels on an angle and I don't know how to do this accurately with my tools. Every thing except for these last two panels is cut and ready for paint so I'm almost there... I'll also post pictures of the trouble area in a little while so you can see what I'm talking about and hopefully avoid the issue if you try to build something similer.

To Do This Week:
1. Cut hole in coin door panel for the coin door (Monday)
2. Remove material on back edge of coin door panel sides so door closes easier (Monday)
3. Cut hole in bezel panel for the monitor (waiting for monitor to arrive)
4. Cut CP front panel with an angled edge (hopefully before Saturday)
5. Cut CP bottom panel with another angled edge (hopefully before Saturday)

It's not that much and #1, #2 and #3 will probably only take an hour or so each but #4 and #5 are going to be a huge pain. I really want to get the thing completely finished so I can get it out of the garage and inside the basement fot painting - it's starting to get cold out there!!

Thanks for looking!!

No comments: