Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Marquee Is Ordered!

The title just about sums it up. I placed the order today with mamemarquees for my custom marquee. The total cost came to $58.93 with shipping. The marquee was $15.95 and I also ordered plexiglass cut to size for $24.99 and an upgrade to the "Ultimate" style material for an extra $10.00. Shipping was $7.99.

Overall, I think it's a little pricey but I also think it will be worth it in the long run. I've heard nothing but praise from everyone who uses mamemarquees so I'm excited to see the final product. This ups the total spent on the project so far to $663.52. Wow! I'm waaaaayyyy past my self-imposed $500 limit and there are still a few things left to buy.

Here's the final design of the marquee - sized properly to 6.5" tall by 18.5" wide and leaving a 0.75" edge on the top and bottom to accomodate the marquee retainer that will be used to hold it in place.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot - a HUGE THANK YOU to megashock05 for designing this awesome piece of art and putting up with me through all of the minor tweaking I had him do. I am very very pleased with how this came out.

Thanks for looking!!


No comments: