Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Plug: Part 1

I am about to try and hack a SmartStrip by basically cutting off the plug and wiring it to a different plug/electric socket. I want to achieve a "finished" look on the outside of my cabinet as well as be able to disconnect the power cord if I feel like it. Plus, I've never done something like this before and I'm always up for learning something new.

I'm not quite sure how to do this yet but I will post my progress as I go. Anyway, there are three wires coming out of the plug thingy and (presumably) three wires in the SmartStrip after I cut off the plug - I'm just not sure which wire from the plug connects with which wire from the SmartStrip. Check out the pics:

Kind of boring but I'm at the tedious part of the project now... oh well.

No comments: