Monday, June 25, 2007

The REVISED "Punch List"

I guess I'm going to keep a running list of what I need to do in order to finish - I have to keep pushing forward because I have to have this thing completely finished by the end of June. There are still a bunch of minor things I have to do:
  1. Cut hole in back of the cabinet and install the exterior plug
  2. Splice new plug to SmartStrip
  3. Wire the computer power button to a button on the cabinet somewhere [back?]
  4. Apply the side art
  5. Make a bezel out of black posterboard/matteboard and install
  6. Wire the coin door
  7. Touch-up paint
  8. Install feet for the cabinet so it doesn't mar the floor
  9. Install and configure the computer
  10. Apply vinyl button decals (these are on order)

I am fairly certain that most of this can be completed in an afternoon - hopefully this weekend. The only part I anticipate having trouble with is the configuration of the computer. Sure, I'll have Pac-Man and a bunch of other games up and running but I have a lot more than just getting it to work to do. Here's the short list:

  1. Wipe current computer clean and do a fresh install of XP
  2. Compile MAME so it will save high scores properly and display the proper game information
  3. Install MAME
  4. Install MaLa (the front end menu which will launch the games)
  5. Customizing the art/graphics for the front end (I'm making it pink!)
  6. Create various .MAP files for the Ultimarc 360 joystick and get them to load upon the launching of a game
  7. Configure buttons

The computer stuff scares me but I'll muddle through.

No comments: