Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Color Scheme

I didn't get much done over the weekend unfortunately due to pulling a muscle in my back and having to lay on the couch the entire time. It figures - I finally get a three-day weekend to work on the cabinet and I can't. Anyway, I was feeling better on Monday so I routed some t-molding slots on my test panel so I could see what the final color scheme will look like. Here are some pics:


Apparently my camera doesn't like to take close up shots of anything so excuse the blurriness but you get the idea. I'm actually quite happy with how it looks in person. I was going back and forth on whether or not to just use black t-molding and play it safe but I think the pink t-molding really makes it stand out and have a unique feel.

In other news, I started Test Panel #2 but all I could get done was putting 3 coats of primer on it because it takes 4 hours for the oil-based paint to dry. I will be adding 3 or 4 coats of pink to Test Panel #2 today and hopefully spraying on the lacquer finish tomorrow. The pink paint is latex so it dries in an hour and the lacquer can accept another coat every 20 minutes (but will take about a week to fully cure).
I am purposely spending a lot of time trying to get the finish just right because if this thing has any chance of residing in Bella's room the wife is going to have to approve of it.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: